We all know that domain names are getting tougher and tougher to come by, and having a good one is essential to any online company. With that being the case, many ventures are opting to purchase an already existing one which fits their needs. In the many cases where the domain names are one word and specific these numbers can become astronomical.
Check out the list of the top 10 most expensive domain names ever purchased. How much would you pay for the perfect domain name?
1. Insure.com, sold to QuinStreet for $16 million in 2009.
2. Sex.com, sold for $15 million in 2010.
3. Fund.com, sold for $9.99 million in 2008.
4. Porn.com, sold for $9.5 million in 2007.
5. Business.com, sold for $7.5 million in 1999.
6. Diamond.com, sold to Ice.com for $7.5 million in 2006.
7. Beer.com, sold for $7 million in 2004.
8. Israel.com, sold for $5.88 million in 2004.
9. Casino.com, sold for $5.5 million in 2003.
10. Toys.com, sold to Toys ‘R Us for $5.1 million in 2009.